“Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!”
― Steve Maraboli
Give yourself a brand new start this coming year by letting go the following 20 Things:
1. Let go of your attachment to the things you can’t hold any longer. Thinking of them create self-limiting thoughts that prevent you from reaching your full potential.
2. Let go of your mistakes, resentment and anger. Give yourself a new beginning; set new goals and move on.
3. Let go of what you are and accept changes because sometimes changes, which we don’t want or accept, are the changes we need to grow.
4. Let go of your fear in this New Year. It doesn’t exist anywhere but in your mind that decides your future if you are not in charge of it.
5. Let go of those bad memories that bore you with their same story and make your life stagnant. Chose happiness over your hurts and focus on your blessings, not misfortunes.
6. Live simply and gracefully, speak sincerely and breathe deeply to feel and live every passing moment.
7. Regardless of what you do or how you live there will always be some people disappointed with you or drag you down as they can’t digest the fact that you are moving forward, forgetting everything old; therefore, stop acknowledging their mean deeds and let them go away.
8. Allow the good and positive things to happen and continue in your life because only those things will continue which you will permit.
9. A promise to yourself to be strong, diligent and patient in the tough time and smile even when you’re feeling like tearing apart.
10. Don’t let the tiny things bother you, spoil the bunch of good memories and smash your happiness because the damn dumb little things make a big difference (positive as well as negative)
11. Let go the negativities that let you down and feel low. Stay quiet and positive.
12. Stop undervaluing yourself because you are good enough, elegant enough, well enough, strong enough and original enough to stand tall and high.
13. Stop imprisoning yourself in the trap of other’s expectations. Most of us, consciously or unconsciously, burden ourselves with what others want from us and in the end regret of not doing what we desire.
14. Forgive not because you have to be too kind to care about anything except you but because it is the virtue of the valiant and attribute of the strong. Do it also to set yourself free from prison and move on.
15. Don’t force yourself for anything, just try your best and if it happens then excellent and if it doesn’t then don’t try to drag yourself down and control. Let it go and welcome another one.
16. Stop waiting for the perfect moment because the moment you start is itself the perfect moment.
17. Let go of the feeling of what people think about you. At the end of the day what matters is what standard you have set for yourself. People take you as you present yourself to them.
18. Stop grieving over what you couldn’t achieve this year and pat your shoulder for what you have accomplished this year.
19. Stop trying to change people. Every individual has their own point of view and choice, therefore it is wise to focus on yourself.
20. Don’t feel sorry if you have given up. Giving up doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t; it simply means you are intelligent, brave and smart enough to let go and catch the better one for your own betterment and peace.